SHORT FUSE – NEED NAMES ASAP, only 35-40 Air Cadets CALGARY WIDE
The Calgary Stampede has requested Cadet participation in the Calgary Stampede Parade once again in 2019. This is an excellent opportunity for us to gain invaluable exposure for our program, on an international stage as the parade is live broadcasted on CBC and played again the following morning:
· 120 Cadet participants for the Stampede Parade 5 July 2019 to act as Pacers. We are seeking Cadets from all three elements, including Navy League Cadets. In order to obtain as much of a tri-service participation as possible this year we are looking for 35 each of Army, Air and Sea and 15 Navy League Cadets.
· New this year is that each Cadet participant will get 2 gate day passes each for entry onto the Stampede grounds.
· Rain ponchos (if required) and water will also be provided to each participant – although it has never rained on parade day in the history of the Stampede.
· On Thursday 4 July 2019 there is a BBQ for all participants from 1700-1930 hrs wherein final details/discussion will occur on how the parade will unfold, including Cadet duties as Pacers and Supervisor duties. An info poster with map indicating where participants will RV that evening will be distributed closer to the date. NOTE: The 9 Ave bridge may have been removed as of this date, and if it has been an alternate RV point will be identified as far in advance as possible.
· On Friday 5 July 2019 breakfast will start at 0600 at Fort Calgary, and Pacers need to be in place NLT 0715 hrs. The end timing for this activity is 1300 hrs. Parade begins from Fort Calgary. Each participant must plan on making their own way to and from Fort Calgary on this date. Parking will not be provided. Cadets will need to check in and out with Officers prior to dismissal at both the BBQ and the Parade.